长春邱祖（中）Chang Chun Qiu Zu
Qiu Zu (1148 AD – 1227 AD), a Taoist of Jin (金) Period, was a member of the Bei Qi Zhen (北七真) in Quan Zhen Order. At the age of nineteen, Qiu Zu became a formal Taoist priest in Shang Tong Province, and his master was Wang Chong Yang. In 1174 A.D., he moved to live in Pan Xi Cave, and maintained his living by begging. Since he usually carried a palm-weaved rain coat, he got a nickname as Mr Suo Yi (蓑衣先生). Thereafter, he lived in seclusion in Long Hu Mountain and founded the Long Men Sect of Taoism. He got famous and was invited by Emperor Tai Zu of Yuan Dynasty (元太祖), Genghis Khan, for a visit. He then went together with his disciples Yun Zhi Ping (尹志平), Song De Fang (宋德方), Li Zhi Qiang (李志强) to the mountain region to meet the Emperor. When Tai Zu asked about the way to rule a country, Qiu Zu replied that an Emperor needed to respect the heavenly nature and to love his people. Questioning about the way of longevity, the answer was to quiet one’s heart by having minimal desires. The Emperor was amazed, and totally identified with his ideologies. He presented Qiu Zu with a title as “Shen Xian” (神仙), meaning deity; and also a nobility name as “Da Zong Shi” (大宗师) and appointed him to be in charge of Taoism in the whole country. Qiu was also awarded a temple as residence in Tai Ji Gong (太极宫), its name was later changed to Chang Chun Gong (长春宫), which is the Bai Yun Guan (白云观) located in Beijing today. Qiu Zu was honoured by Emperor Shi Zong of Yuan Dynasty (元世宗) as “Chang Chun Zhu Dao Yan Jiao Zhen Ren” (长春主道演教真人), and later by Emperor Wu Zong (元武宗) as “Chang Chun Quan De Shen Hua Ming Ying Zhen Jun” .
端望帝真 曲垂济度 皈命礼谢 无上虚皇 至真三宝